Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Blackberries "Strike Back"

As mentioned in the prior post, my husband has been attempting to 'remove' the blackberries from one corner of our yard. Initially my thoughts were to keep them alive so that I could make lovely blackberry preserves, pies, tarts and so forth.

Now that we've been messing with these wild blackberries, I too am ready to see them gone.

We've been putting off any work on the house and been focusing on the yard, as we don't need permits to at least clean and clear up what was left to us when we got the house. In addition we've also cut back how much we can work we can commit to the house, due to our own new addition.

She arrived on September 11th, and as a result we've pretty much come to a screeching halt. For those of you who didn't know I was pregnant and working on the house and yard until my 8th month, when it simply got to difficult to 'labor' in the sun and heat for more than 20 minute stretches.

(As a side note, I attribute my work on the house, and constant activity, to contributing to my easier than normal birth.)





Anyhow...the branch that launched the aerial assault, well it came back, with a vengeance.


Incidentally for scale, my husband is approximately 6'1" ft tall, 6' 3" in his work boots... so that makes this branch alone about 8' long.











Here is another scale photo... My hand is literally on top of the vine, and notice that it is the same thickness as my thumb.

1 comment: